Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Project

I opened my eyes, and I scanned around the room, it was dark, cold, and a complete silence surrounded me. I peeked out of my blankets and realized the door had been closed all the way as if someone didn't want me to escape from my bedroom. Immediately I turned to my clock only to realize that I had slept longer than I had anticipated. How comfortable I was, my bed and blankets kept my body warm, holding me as if they did not want me to get up and leave them. As I tried getting up, I could only hear them speak to me "don't leave us, we love your warmth, we love holding you and we don't want to let go." Oh, how hard it was for me to get up! I didn't want to disappoint anyone or anything at this point. "Enough," I cried out, "that's it, no more keeping me in."

I finally jumped out of bed with the intention of completing everything I had to do today. I got dressed and headed out the door, desperate, wanting to finish my errands as fast as I could to get back home and work on a new project I started last night.

"A new project?" Interesting you might think, "but what kind of project is she working on now?"  I can't keep a secret so I will tell you what it is. Yesterday, Allie, my daughter gave me the idea of crocheting a poncho, yes a poncho. I'll have to be honest with you, this is the first time I make a poncho. I have crochet scarves, booties, slippers, hats, and afghans, but never a poncho. So this will be a learning experience for me, I will post pictures as I progress through my project and I will also post how-to's for those that want to learn how to crochet a poncho, afghan, or a scarf . This is a beginners project so I'm sure if you want to make something for yourself or as a gift you can do it!

I am organizing instructions, I will be posting those very, very soon!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment